Saturday, July 20, 2013

My Meeting w/ the new General Manager @ WM#2

All in all, I have to say, it was a very positive experience.  Mr. Bryan Richards is the new GM for the Harrison Wal-Mart.
All of the policies are staying the same except for a few key things.

  • Comp radius is staying the same.  This includes Springfield/Fayetteville areas.  
  • He will still price match Hyvee, Dillions, and Kroger brands. (along with Best Choice & Surefine) Just NO Always Save.  
  • Will match 'with card' prices except for Edwards or some of Murfins that state that you have to have so many points to get that price.  Dillions, Kroger, and WalGreens are still good.
  •   He does NOT want shelf sweeping.  He said that this was his biggest concern with comps/coupons.
  • If the comp price is 50% or more off the regular price, he would like the ad, or for your patience while they find the ad.  He said that if they don't have the ad, they will call the store in question. 
  • He WILL NOT price match 'gimmick' ads.  Ie: Get Item A for $ with a $20 purchase.  We continue to post these on the list if they are good deals, just keep in mind, you will have to go to that store to get that price.
  • He will match 'in ad' coupon prices without said coupon as long as it has 'after coupon price' listed.   
  • He is working very hard to get everyone (cashiers, csms, ect...) on the same page.  Please have a little bit of patience because this may take a little time. 
  • He prefers that if you have a problem, you call one of the assistant managers or himself.  (1800Walmart concerns are sent directly to him & this would just save some time)
  • I gave him this week's list and explained how it is compiled, he had a couple of questions about size ranges, but I was able to explain those & show him examples. 
  • He understands that we are in a good location to shop at a multitude of different stores & he appreciates the business here. 


I also gave him the same hand-out that I give to my classes.  He really liked the 'Coupon Etiquette' section.
I also gave him my business card with my e-mail & cell phone number.  If there are any issues, I can & will call him directly & he will do the same.
He is also working on posting their price match & couponing policies around the store.  Hopefully this will help us & the WM staff.

Mr. Richards seemed like a very likable guy & I believe that he really wants to make this store better & more customer friendly.

Hopefully I haven't left anything off.  If I have, I will update.  And if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

~Jessie   


1 comment:

  1. has anyone else had a problem with Wal-Mart not matching the HYVee ad on Pepsi 12 packs? I was refused because it was a coupon, and heard another customer also being refused on same trip

    ReplyDelete